A Higher Level of At Home Care: Private Duty Nursing From A Home Health Aide in Plymouth, MI and Surrounding Areas
A home health aide from our team can work with your loved one to provide private duty nursing services and reduce your daily worry with at home care
Sometimes, a family caregiver just doesn't have the expertise to meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. That's why Comfort Keepers of Plymouth, MI has included private duty nursing to our full range of at home care. Our home health aide experts are specially trained to provide the level of care and attention you loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital. They are able to work together with caregivers that provide homemaker and personal care services to create complete peace of mind.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional at home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical attention to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide a higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How A Home Health Aide Can Help Through At Home Care & Private Duty Nursing
Our home health aide team is made up of skilled licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs), that can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
A home health aide is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support through at home care. If you are interested in learning more about our private duty nursing services, please contact us online or give us a call at (734) 203-0015.
You will be contacted as soon as we review your submission.